This course prepares students to take the current PMP® exam, which is in effect through July 30, 2013. We will cover each of the nine knowledge areas, the code of ethics, and provide a review of the PMP® framework and exam facts, perspective, and approach.
The PMP® Exam Focus™ course:
· prepares you for the current exam
· is short, condensed, and intensive
· uses 450+ practice exam questions
· delivers high value for money
More about the exam change in the RH column.
Experience in project management.
Previous project management study or course.
Thursday May 9, 16, 23, 30, from 6-9pm
Total 4 x 3 hours = 12 hours
REGISTRATION & COST
Go to http://www.schoolcraft.edu/cepd/pmp/.
There will be an information session on Monday April 22, from 6:00-7:30pm, in room BTC 100 at Schoolcraft College.
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets individuals that have already gone through some other project management training or self-study, have read the PMBOK® Guide Fourth Edition, and have basic knowledge of PMI’s project management framework.
· degree students that need exam preparation
· project managers in career transition
· professionals that need additional qualifying education hours
EDUCATION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Each hour of this training course counts as one contact hour of formal education.
PMI requires 35 contact hours to be eligible for the PMP®credential.
Upon completion, students will receive a
certificate as proof of attendance.
Eric van der Meulen, President and Founder of Q'vive, LLC has extensive experience providing leadership and program management in product and process development, R&D, and engineering.
He has more than 15 years experience in project management for large and small companies, and internationally, both as functional leader and as consultant.
Mr. van der Meulen is a Credentialed Project Management Professional (PMP), and holds a number of patents in the area of printing and other aspects of polycarbonate automotive glazing. His strength is in actionizing innovation strategy, and stage-gate process implementation.
Mr. van der Meulen is equally effective working with senior management on strategic objectives as he is at coaching project managers and team members in the planning and execution of projects.
· Developed and delivered 36-hour Project Management Essentials & PMP Exam Preparation pilot and subsequent courses at Schoolcraft College. Students have passed the PMP and CAPM exam.
· Developed and delivered “Project Planning” series of weekly on-site workshops at engineering company.
· Delivered on-site project management training for engineers, product developers, IT and finance staff, and executives of corporate clients. Coached executives and project teams with stage-gate implementation.
· Facilitated executive Innovation Strategy development.
· Member of ITT Technical Institute’s Business Program Advisory Committee.
· Published the “PMProcess Flow™ Poster: The ultimate PMP road map and study guide”, a full color 18”x24” poster based on PMBOK® GuideFourth Edition. This poster has been shipped to 30+ countries worldwide.
· Pioneered the development and industrialization of black-out printing and defroster application for 3-D curved injection molded polycarbonate automotive glazing. Led technology teams to establish a portfolio of processes and materials, and filed over 15 patents.
· Contributed technologies to polycarbonate glazing system that won the prestigious Frost & Sullivan award for technology innovation.Awarded for contributions to technology portfolio and intellectual property.
· Established a global supplier network for industrialization of polycarbonate glazingprinting technologies by leveraging strategic partnerships. Negotiated licensing agreements with local and global suppliers.
· Built activity based cost model for technology and commercial teams, analyzing process and product cost, resulting in focused technology projects and quick turnaround of accurate quotes.
· Specified, negotiated, and procured process development work cells. Managed multi-million dollar project budgets. Installed on time, and within budget.
· Led the development of automotive exterior body panel fixings which control thermal expansion, resulting in multiple commercial fender programs in Europe.