Comments about the instructor from previous Project Management students:
"You helped simplify the subject matter in a clear and concise fashion. Great delivery and you make the class more interesting with your professional experiences as they relate to a particular topic."
"I liked the analogies used to explain concepts. He injected humor which made the class interesting and fun. He displayed a sincere commitment for us to learn!"
"Eric gave us many opportunities to ask questions to help clarify material and engaged us with class exercises."
"Excellent presentment on content in class. Flow of content was good and enticed participation."
"Presentation was enthusiastic. The class time passed quickly."
"You are passionate about project management - have a thorough working knowledge - much appreciated!"
"Eric is an excellent instructor. His knowledge of the project management profession is unmatched. I thoroughly enjoyed his enthusiasm and professionalism. I highly recommend this course."
1. Introductions, Framework, Definitions
2. Life Cycle, Knowledge Areas
3. Initiating - Project Charter
4. Initiating - Stakeholders
5. Planning - Scope Statement, Work Breakdown Structure
6. Planning - Schedule
7. Planning - Budget, Procurement
8. Planning - Project Team Roles
9. Planning - Risks
10. Planning - Quality
11. Executing - Team Work, Project Leadership
12. Executing - Procurement, Quality, Communications
13. Monitoring & Controlling - Control Changes
14. Monitoring & Controlling - Validate & Accept Deliverables
15. Monitoring & Controlling - Procurements, Risks
16. Closing - Integration, Procurement
EXAMPLES OF TOOLS & TECHNIQUES
Stakeholder analysis, facilitated workshops, expert judgment, decomposition, precedence diagramming, estimating, project management software, critical path analysis, resource leveling, schedule compression, make-or-buy analysis, cost of quality, SWOT analysis, risk analysis, risk mitigation, performance reviews, negotiation, team-building, conflict management, issue log, communication methods, forecasting, variance analysis, earned value, change control, audits
More Q'vive resources for PMP® students